How to make a face mask at home? + calm playlist

Hi friends! 
In my last post I mentioned that my family and I are making surgical masks for doctors in my town. I've made so many of them that I could probably sew them with my eyes closed (I really couldn't, it's just bragging to make me seem like a competent person, I would severely injure myself, don't try this kids). I know that it's nearly impossible to buy these masks and I though I can give some instructions if someone wants to make them for themselves. 
I also wanted to address that there is no medical research showing that these masks will protect you from virus. Masks are worn to not transmit virus to others during for example cough or sneeze and also protest your nose and mouth from accidental touch with hands or gloves. Doctors hope that wearing masks might flatten the increase of infection, but there is no evidence for that. I am not writing this to scare you. I just don't want to give anyone false sense of security, because someone might treat this mask as a shield and stop being careful. Take care of your health and stay at home if you can.




To make one mask you will need:

* piece of material 20 cm x 40 cm, material can't be synthetic, because it would be difficult to breathe through. The best choice is natural material with synthetic admixture.
* piece of flexible wire 10 cm long
* 2 pieces of strong material 1 cm x 80 cm or ribbon OR 2 pieces of elastic 17 cm long (length may varies during of flexibility of the elastic)
* thread
* scissors
* sewing machine (it's not necessary, you can do everything by hand)

Instruction

1. Fold the material in half to get a square 20 cm x 20 cm
2. About 0.5 cm from the fold sew in a straight stitch to make a little tunnel
3. Put a wire in a tunnel. Make sure it's in the middle of the tunnel. It will be the upper part of your mask. Wire is used to adjust a mask to the nose area
4. About 3 cm  from the tunnel make a fold that's 3 cm deep and secure it with the pins, 2.5 cm down make an identical fold and secure with the pins, 2.5 cm down make the third fold and secure it
5. Sew the folds on both sides about 0.5 cm - 1 cm from edges
6. Tie thread in two knots and cut the access
7. Sew in ribbon or long pieces of material on both sides in a way that dangling pieces are similar length. It's best to do it twice. You will tie ribbons (or material) on the back of your head)
If you have an elastic sew it in the same way and sew ends together to create loop. Make sure it's sewn well.
8. Cut the access of the thread and iron
Good luck folks

Bonus!

Calm playlist



Maybe the word calm isn't the perfect description. I's pretty calm for me. I made this playlist specially for you. It's good to listen to while working or cleaning. 

Rex Orange County - Sunflower
Wallows – These Days
Ezra Furman - Love You So Bad
Wallows - Are You Bored Yet?
Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill
Rex Orange County - Best Friend
Wallows - OK
Younger Hunger - Dead Inside
LoveLeo - BOYFREN
veil - my daily (prod. a l e x)
Jim Reeves - Snowflake
Skeeter Davis - The End of the World
Labrinth - Mount Everest
peach pit - alrighty aphrodite
Conan Gray - The Cut That Always Bleeds 
Bedroom - In My Head
FENG SUAVE - HONEY, THERE'S NO TIME
The Beatles - Something
Ezra Furman- The Queen Of Hearts 


Other blog posts about social distancing that might interest you:

https://pinkforest3.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-longest-list-of-yt-a-that.html