How to survive being locked at home?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hi friends!
It's been a while and we are going to do some changes. From now on this blog will be in English, because we saw that many of you aren't from Poland. Unfortunately we wont translate old posts. It would be too much work. I hope it's ok. You can always use google translator as clumsy as it is.

I know that the topic of this post is very common recently, however I could call my recent lifestyle a quarantine so I feel qualified to give you some advice.
For starts I want you to look at the current staying in home situation as an opportunity to improve your life and take care of all the little things. Please remember to be alert not anxious. It's good to be up to date, but learning all the statistics will only make you more and more stressed out. You should also check your facts and read articles and watch videos made by WHO or doctors in which interest is to educate you not gain clicks.



1. Routine our lord and savior

Trying to set a new routine might save us from stucking under the mountain of blankets on the couch.
You don't have to plan every single hour of your day. It could be overwhelming. I like to separate a three sections of my day. One before work, when I am adjusting to daylight, eat breakfast and do all the morning activities. Regardless of what hour I wake up I try to start doing my tasks at the same time everyday . I make new to do lists before sleep to feel more prepared for the next day and to clear my mind. My free time is more flexible. It's good to have something fun planned to look forward to during the day.

2. Self-care

It's a good time to take care of your mental and physical health.
Even if you spend all day in comfy sweatpants and hoodie try to look more put together. Wear jewelry, style your hair, use gloss or chopstick, paint your nails. You will feel better and more motivated.
Exercising is a great source of endorphins and will boost your confidence. Why not make yourself  a glow up? They are so many ways to get your muscles moving. I tried yoga with cats but Luna is way too much of a lady to be lifted in weird ways. I recommend sweating with youtuber called Emi Wong. I will leave a link to her channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGEK5_U-kLgO6-AMDPeTUQ/featured I also like streching. It makes my muscles longer and less bulky and relaxes me to the point of being sleepy. I am sure you will find something for yourself.
Experiment on your image. If you are like me you have tons of random clothes stuffed around the house. It's good to remind yourself of what you have and try to make new cool outfits. Maybe some of your garments would use some repairing or diy metamorphosis. You can also play with make up. I probably should do it because I have skills of 10 year old.
Treat yourself. Make yourself some good beverage to feel like you are in cafe. Put more effort in preparing dishes. Take long bath with face mask on. Light some candles. Slow down.
Learn about things that interests you. It's time to develop as a person. I like to listen about science, psychology, philosophy and movies on youtube.
Go outside everyday (if you can). Watch sunsets, drink coffe on a balcony, work in your garden. I live in the middle of nowhere so it's safe to go on a walk . Make sure you ventilate your home.
I want to plant sunflowers in wooden crate to make my room a little bit happier place.

3. Do something for others

Why not to make life a little better for those around you? Everyone have so much to offer. Make someone a gift or something delicious. Take your dog for an extra long walk. Play with your cat. Call your grandma. Face time your friend. If you can spend some time with your family. I started to teach my dad English and exercising with my mom.
Clean your living space. I can already hear all the bacteria and viruses screaming in fear.

Hospital staff in my town don't have enough sanitary equipment, so people voluntary are making masks. I think this is a great idea. I am this kind of person that likes to actively deal with problems. It really makes me feel so much better. Me and my family already sew about two hundreds and the number is raising. I am going to make a post with instruction how to make them. Maybe you want to sew them for your own use.


4. Experience culture in different ways

Many museums offer virtual mini tours on their sites. I recommend to check MET and museum of Salvador Dali in Catalonia. I would love to go there in person someday.
You can see a lot of plays and concerts from the comfort of your home. I recently watched Queen at Wembley and I was surprised how easy it was to feel the atmosphere of this event. Many creators make live videos on youtube, when you can chat with them or listen to their performances. I felt like the chosen one, when Karolina Żebrowska responded to my comment. Right now I'm listening to mini concert that Harry Styles shared few days ago.
I know that G will be doing a whole post with youtube recommendations, but I thought I can make modest list here. So here goes some honorable mentions.



Karolina Żebrowska



Poznajcie Karolinę Żebrowską - polską blogerkę, która podbija ...



THUG EDWARDIAN LADY (100k Special) - YouTube

PewDiePie



Micarah Tewers

micarahtewers Instagram profile with posts and stories - Picuki.com

micarah tewers | Tumblr

Doctor Mike

Dr. Mike Varshavski on Twitter: "Telling the story of how Bear got ...

Dr. Mikhail Varshavski, People Magazine's 'Sexiest Doctor Alive ...

cozykitsune

cozykitsune ☕️ I don't look like this right now. Right now I ...


ch. one / an attempt at vlogging - YouTube

oh no nina

oh no nina (nina yu) (With images) | Pretty people

not really studying with nina 4 📚 iS IT A CHILL TIME?? - YouTube

Anna Akana

Am I a crazy cat lady? - YouTube

Podobny obraz

Shmoxd
Bryan Perrenoud (@shmoxd) | Twitter

Thrift Store Embroidery Upcycle - YouTube


It's Okay To Be Smart

It's Okay to Be Smart | KCTS 9

puuung
Cute and heartwarming animations prove that love is showing in simple things.

Puuung (@puuung1) | Twitter

Puuung on Twitter: "It's time to change your PC wallpaper. I hope ...

StealTheSpotlight

Serving all my fave spring picnic b!tch looks in today’s video 🌱🌼🦋 wearing @princesspollyboutique ✨link in bio to see more cute fits + my 20% off discount code ‘SPOTLIGHT20’ 🧚

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 do we need a rainbow lookbook though?? 🌈🌈🌈
Cozy Fit - @hotping_global
They have 50% off sitewide for Black Friday! 😇

bestdressed

why i'm leaving LA + where i'm moving next! - YouTube

van 🤍 seokmin + vernon on Twitter: "bestdressed/ashley - my fave ...


5. Level up!

There will be no better time to change your habits. Take time to write down everything you would like to improve. Maybe your sleeping schedule needs to be fixed, diet, amount of water you drink or maybe you never floss.
Learn new skills and come back to old hobbies. It's time to remove dust from forgotten instruments and sport equipment. You always wanted to learn new language, do the splits, sew, play chess, shuffle cards in awesome way or throw ninja stars? Nothing's gonna stop us from becoming even more amazing.

6. DIY

If you still have some time to kill I will welcome you to my world of arts and crafts. It's so much fun!  Some of our older posts are diy themed, so if you are interested, please check them out.

7. Books

I don't have time to read right now, but I wanted to give you some inspiration so I present to you some books that I want to read in the future. They are well known books, which are often mentioned and I want to at least try to face them. (especially Ulysses will be tough opponent).

The Metamorphosis- Franz Kafka
Ulysses- James Joyce
Shining- Stephen King
Call Cthulhu- H.P. Lovecraft
Lolita- Vladimir Nabokov
Count Monte Christo- Alexandre Dumas
American Psycho- Bret Easton Ellis

8. Movies and series


Last but definitely not least. Let's take advantage of being at home and catch up on our favourite shows and find a new one.  Hug big bowl of popcorn and watch.

Movies


Dallas Buyers Club

Orbitowanie bez cukru: "Witaj w klubie" / "Dallas Buyers Club"

Little Women (2019)

Pin by Wiola Makuch on filmy i seriale in 2020 | Książki, Filmy, Kino

The Favourite


The Favourite | Fanart tv, Image, Instagram

The Art of Self-Defense


Amazon.com: The Art of Self-Defense Movie Poster 24 x 36 Inches ...

I lost my body


Episode 6: I Lost My Body

Red Dragon

Film Czerwony smok (2002) - Gdzie obejrzeć | Netflix | HBO GO ...

Jojo Rabbit

Amazon.com: JoJo Rabbit - Movie Poster Print Wall Decor - 18 by 28 ...

McQueen



Limitless


Limitless (2011) Swedish movie poster


Parasite
Fans Pay Tribute to 'Parasite' with Alternative Movie Posters

Django

DJANGO UNCHAINED Movie PHOTO Print POSTER Quentin Tarantino Jamie ...


Once upon a time in Hollywood


Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (2019) - Release Info - IMDb


Ad astra

Ad Astra | Zombieland, Filmy



Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted alternative movie poster" Greeting Card by ...


Joker

Amazon.com : Joker Movie Poster Glossy High Quality Print Photo ...



We need to talk about Kevin

We Need to Talk About Kevin - Lynne Ramsay | Alternative movie ...


Amadeus

What is the meaning behind the theatrical poster for Amadeus? Who ...


Mr Nobody

Mr Nobody (2009) cały film lektor PL | Diane kruger, Jaco


Greenbook

Green Book - Ceneo.pl



Donnie Darko


Donnie Darko (Richard Kelly, 2001) Alternative Poster by Gokaiju ...



Mars attacks!


MARS ATTACKS SC - DYNAMITE - WYDANIA ZBIORCZE



Series


Abstract



Abstrakt: Sztuka designu (Serial TV 2017- ) - Filmweb


Our planet


Our Planet (TV Mini-Series 2019) - IMDb


Looking for Alaska


Szukając Alaski (Serial TV 2019-2019) - Filmweb


Euphoria

Euforia (Serial TV 2019- ) - Filmweb



That would be all. Please don't be too harsh on yourself. It's tough time and everyone is less productive and motivated. Feel free to leave your own ideas in the comments. Stay healthy and see you next week.